Friday, August 9, 2013

“College Conspiracy” an alternative view of the American education system


Don't get me wrong. I am very pro-education. I think it invaluable to educate one's self. I love to spend hours pouring of books and I thoroughly enjoy attending classes. I never want to imagine my life without it.

But, it is important to educate one's self about the education system as well if one is planning to attend any sort of educational institution.

I worked at a college for a year, and I learned a bit about how the system works. And there are some things that are great and some things that are flawed.

You could learn quite a bit about some of the flaws from this documentary


if for some odd reason this link stops working either google or search for “College Conspiracy” on youtube. It is a video that is put out by the National Inflation Association.

I certainly do not agree with everything in this documentary.

But I do know this...

You can educate yourself without going into debt.

I came across something today that reminded me about all of this, so I want to link it as well. Thanks and wellwishes to my cool college counselor friend who shared this blurb about the current state of American education


I really think it is important that people think about these things, at least roll them around in their heads, and question if that is what they consider just and desirable. At least consider the information for yourself. And decide for yourself how you feel about the world around you. Consider alternatives. And educate yourself.

Wishing you everything wonderful in the world.


Life is your garden; dig it.

No comments: